A graduate student enrolled in a university in Japan and/or abroad as of August 1, 2017.
Note: A graduate student who is enrolled in a university abroad must have Japanese citizenship.
The prize winner (generally one person) is awarded with a hundred thousand yen, and the prize-awarded paper will be published in ISER Discussion Paper Series.
Requirement for submitting research paper
- The paper should cover research areas in the field of Economics.
- The paper should be written in either Japanese or English and in the style of academic papers.
- If the paper is co-authored, all of the authors should be eligible as applicants.
- Multiple applications from the same individual cannot be accepted in the same academic year.
Applicants should submit all of the following documents from (1) to (5) during the submission period stated in the section 4.
Documents (1), (2) and (3) must be submitted electronically in PDF format to the address stated in the section 3 below.
Documents (4) and (5) are preferably submitted electronically in PDF format as well. If an applicant would like to submit original documents, send them to the postal address stated in the section 3.
- Application form (Download from here)
- Curriculum vitae of any format, without photo
- Research Paper
- Recommendation letter from a major advisor or someone equivalent (a single individual cannot write recommendation letters for multiple applicants)
- Referee report or letter from the editor, if the paper has been submitted to a refereed journal,
Postal address： ISER/Moriguchi Prize Committee
ISER, Osaka University
6-1 Mihogaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0047, Japan
Between August 1, 2017 and August 31, 2017（arrive without fail）
Selected candidates are expected to present their work at the presentation session to be held in December at ISER. The prize winner will be selected on the same day.
- The result (the names of the winner and selected candidates along with referee comments) will be notified to the applicants by the end of December 2017.
- Submitted papers shall not be returned to the applicants.
- Travel expenses for those participating in the presentation session will be provided in accordance with the rules of Osaka University, up to one hundred thousand yen.
- When a prize-awarded paper is published in a refereed journal, the author should indicate in the acknowledgement that it has received ISER/Moriguchi Prize.