Visitors Program »
How to Apply
How to Apply
An applicant must demonstrate an established record of research, preferably with publications in refereed academic journals, and must hold a position at least equivalent to Assistant Professor at the applicant’s home institution.
A prospective VRS applicant is requested to submit the following documents as attached files to the email address below.
(1) Curriculum vitae, including:
- All higher degrees earned including their completion years, fields and institutions.
- List publications, recent working papers and the names of at least three references.
(2) Application letter
It should state:
- Research topic that the VRS applicant plans to conduct at the Institute.
- The starting date and duration that the VRS applicant wishes to spend as a resident scholar at the Institute.
(3) Research proposal (abstract of proposed research):
One paragraph, 100-200 words.
The following expenses and allowance are covered, in accordance with the business trip regulations of Osaka University:
(1) Travel expenses
The program provides one round-trip economy class (coach class) air fare between Osaka and the city of the VRS’s home institution.
(2) Per diem allowance
The program provides daily allowance for all the duration from the starting date to the finishing date at ISER.
(3) Accommodation fee
The program provides fixed accommodation fee for all the duration of staying at ISER.
* Other costs including insurance are not covered.
The appointment of a VRS is on a competitive merit basis. Since the purpose of the VRS Program is to promote collaborative research, at least one faculty member must be willing to serve as the host for a prospective VRS and conduct joint research. An Institute member may nominate VRS applicants to the Institute Committee on Visiting Research Scholars. A prospective VRS need not identify or communicate with potential research collaborators prior to applying. A prospective VRS is encouraged to apply directly to the Institute. Decisions regarding VRS appointments are by vote of the Institute faculty members.
Click the link for further details.